"I've had nine surgeries, or maybe 10. Seven on my left knee alone. I'm not going to say I'm not injury-prone. People have to make their own conclusions. I don't know why it's happened the way it has. But everything I do is geared towards making sure my body is healthy."
(Chris Snelling, via Washington Post, 12/19/2006)
Crikey! It's not a good sign when you start losing count of the surgeries!
Chris Snelling to compete for time in OF, on DL, with Alex Escobar.
- Scott Boras calls trade a "slap in the face" to Ryan Church.
- You've gotta love the title of this Mariners dot com mailbag from earlier this year: "Mailbag: What's up with Snelling?"
- He sorta looks like Wilkerson in that picture.
- Also, we're starting the Official Emiliano Fruto fan club. Stay tuned for details...
- We love this move. Farewell, Jose: Say 'Hi' to Guillen for us, okay?
"He gave his heart and soul to this organization, and we appreciate all that he did. It's just a time in his career where it's probably going to benefit him to go to the American League. I still can't believe I pulled this one over on the Mariners. Pinch me!"
(Jim Bowden, via Washington Times, 12/19/2006)
(Photo from MLB.com)