"See? See? Bam! That was very, very nice."
(Randy St. Claire, via Washington Post, 2/25/2007)
Nats Spring Training Week in Review (last week):
A lot goes on, but nothing happens.
- Long toss. Medicine balls. Batting practice. New seats at Space Coast.
- Mark Lerner! Bloggers with press passes!?
- Chief won his arbitration case. Bad photoshop ensues.
- Rotation is shaping up to be the best in baseball. Or something like that.
- The first interesting tidbit from camp got nipped in the bud, interestingly.
- This week: a couple of intrasquad games followed by the Grapefruit League Opener, AND the first significant event of the 2007 camp: Patterson starting Saturday vs. Baltimore.
- Oh, and with a nod to Thom Loverro, who caught some heat last week for making a comment about missing souls or Anti-Frank bloggers having no soul: if you aren't rooting for Robert Fick after reading Svrluga's piece on Saturday, you might want to check your soul. It's missing.
(Photo by Evan Vucci/AP)