"That's a tough word to drop on John, as an ace...John is just the only guy who has a spot in our rotation because of his potential, what he's done before. But you drop that name on guys who have won 20 games and have won Cy Youngs and stuff like that."
(Manny Acta, via Washington Post, 2/14/2007)
The Alleged Ace takes the hill for the first time since July in Battle of The Beltways Lite.
- Let's hope he doesn't leave the game the same way he did the last time we saw him (July 9th)
- Let's hope it doesn't get rained out...Guzman as DH? Fire Manny Acta.
- Today's edition of The NAAAtionals Journeyman Chronicles brought to you by Chris Michalak.
- Game's on MASN! Oddly enough, I'm gonna miss Tom Paciorek. (I'm drunk again)
- Bud Selig finally wakes up and realizes that he owes Frank Robinson a paying job. Frank still telling NAAAts to piss off about Frank Day on May 20th, but says: "I didn't close the door...down the road with Washington, I would think about doing something".
(Photo by Evan Vucci/AP)