"I think we're leaning more to trying to find out what Casto can do here because of his age and what he represents for our organization...If Casto is going to be here, he's going to play."
(Manny Acta, via Washington Post, 3/26/2007)
Will it be Casto in left and Snelling on the bench, or Snelling in left and Casto on the bench?
Nook's Groin solves the Kory Casto "problem" for now...A trip to the DL probable for Manny's centerfielder of choice; and another vote of confidence for Ryan Church (centerfielder by default) by the organization: Rogearvin Bernadina?!
- Simontacchi's Groin will keep him out a few more weeks, which means that the 5th slot in the rotation will probably go to Jason Bergmann unless he goes out and stinks out the joint or injures his groin.
- Travis Lee quits to save himself from the indignity of backing up Dmitri Young -- so Da (Defensively Challenged) Meat Hook is handed the job at first.
- More trouble for the Alleged Ace: "I turned pale white. Everything was spinning." Gosh, that weekend dehydration/near fainting spell/IV hookup doesn't sound encouraging.
- Saturday, Hill good. Sunday, Chico bad.
- Roster whittled down to 30.
- NAAAts fading in Grapefruit League race.
(Photo By Doug Benc/Getty Images)