"It's there, and then you blink ... and it's gone."
(Brian Schneider, via Washington Post, 8/12/2007)
- Da Meat Hook sits (again); will sit again today. Time to call up Broadway (he's finally hitting)!
- What the Hill? Shawn WILL pitch Tuesday after all? Thanks for everything, Matt Chico -- see you in September.
- Remember 4th place? NAAAts lead in last place grows to 2 over the Marlins.
- Mike Bacsik gets his first start in post-Barry* life today, facing former AAA teammate Micah Owings -- Bacsik & Owings combined to go 21-0 last year?
- Justin who? Potomac farmhand Justin Jones was thisclose to throwing a perfect game last night against the Winston-Salem Warthogs.
- Mayor Fenty is trying to push soccer out of Washington the same way he tried to push baseball out of Washington. NoVa United?
- NAAAts will not try to make a move to bring Wily Mo Pena to DC? From Nick Cafardo (Boston Globe): "I've been told the Nationals will not deal for Wily Mo Peña." In the next paragraph, he quotes Jimbo extensively re: Da Meathook, so we'll assume Nick got his info straight from the horse's mouth. Then again, we all know what Jim told reporters about Shawn Hill's return, so we'll hold out hope for WMP in DC.
(AP Photo/Rick Scuteri)