According to sources with no direct or indirect knowledge of the situation, the man suspected of robbing a vendor during the Nationals-Marlins game at RFK Stadium Wednesday night and shooting himself in the leg accidentally as he tried to escape from stadium security was Levale Speigner. In an exclusive interview with The Nationals Enquirer, Speigner may or may not have said "They completely misused me this season. Destroyed my confidence. I was just looking for a little payback." Despite pitching well for AAA Columbus on Monday night, Speigner has been mostly ineffective in 17 games for the Clippers since all that Rule 5 nonsense back in June. "Those [expletive]-holes destroyed my career. Thanks for nothing," said Speigner, as he was led away by DC police.
- In the Washington Times, Bowden toots his own horn about the organization's prospects and the 2007 draft class and believes the team will be ranked around 12 when Baseball America ranks each organization's minor league talent in the spring.
- Two more reasons we love Wily Mo
- Lots of questions in the air around radio. Here's another: Is Charlie Slowes really that short, or are Dave
JaegalgerJageler and Screeches Best Friend just freakishly tall? SBF puts in a vote for C&D!
- Capitol Punishment presents 25 stats that probably don't mean much but make for a good read anyway.
- Hanrahan vs. Smoltz tonight? Sounds like a classic reverse lock if you ask me. Prediction time -- NAAAts put a tomahawk into the Braves' slim playoff hopes with a 3 game sweep, effectively making their move for a miracle run for third place in the NL East. Bet the house on it.