"Mike Bacsik is excited to help the Nationals contend in the new stadium in 2008."
(Jonathan Maurer, Mike Bacsik's agent, via Nationals dot com, 10/30/2007)
Season ticket sales go through the roof as NAAAts announce signing of Mr. 756* himself -- Hey, it beats card shows!
$420,000 if he makes the big league club: that's a lot of autographs!
- Speaking of steroids: Seilg isn't worried about a backlash, but when will the Mitchell report see the light of day? Any current or former Nats on that list (*cough* *cough* Jamey Carroll *cough*)?
- If you can stomach all the Red Sox/Yankee talk, there were a few Nationals bits in Boz's Washington Post online chat yesterday afternoon. Boz hit the nail on the head regarding offseason acquisitions (he must not have heard the news about Bacsik):
"The Nats know that they absolutely cannot go into next season without adding a credible starting pitcher to the staff. Simply getting out of RFK will improve the hitting more than most fans will believe. But the Nats can't run the risk of having the rotation in '08 turn out to be the rotation they dreaded, but avoided, in '07."
- Don't forget to check out the photo tour of the New Nationals park over at Nats320. I think I see some parking spaces!
- Payroll's going up in '08: "But just $70 million? Seriously?"
- Free agent filing shocker: Batista, Jimenez, file for free agency!
- RIP, Robert Goulet.