"The last couple of years, I got tired towards the end, and my numbers have shown that, too. Hopefully without the extra weight, I'll be able to stay healthy."
(Chad Cordero, via Nationals.com, 2/15/2008)
Formerly flat-brimmed closer dons (slightly) bent-brimmed cap
Shocking fashion statement on day #1 leaves Nats searching for answers.
- Enquirer Exclusive: Everyone is healthy and feeling the best they've ever felt!
- Paul the Pusher might bless the world with a word or two today. Bowden tells the Washington Post: "We've spoken to Paul and his agent. And I expect [on Saturday], Paul will either have a written statement, or talk to [the media]. But it will come from the player. It won't come from the club." Will he go the Roger Clemens route, or the Chuck Knoblauch route? Or continue to give us the silent treatment.
- Bowden sets the bar sky high for '08: "I think that they're ready to win more games than we lose." So just who is "they" and who is "we"? Huh?
- Zuckerman and Loverro enjoy a chat on video about pitching, first base, in front of the Washington Times logo.
- Yup, it's a possibility that Da Meat Hook or Nick the Stick could be traded.
- Somehow, we missed the annual [fill in the name of former top prospect] is out to prove himself story on Thursday. This year's sacrificial lamb is Kory Casto.
- Can someone explain what's happening with Ryan Zimmerman's contract situation? Why is this taking so long? By the way, is everything really ok with his hand?
(AP Photo/Nati Harnik)