"Please instruct your people: every toilet every 10 seconds, every urinal every 15 seconds. No more, no less."
(Jim Howard, via Washington Post, 2/24/2008)
According to sources with no knowledge of the situation, a so-so performance during Operation Super Flush (a stress test of the plumbing at the New Stadium) has led the organization to scrap plans for over 500 urinals and toilets. Plan B? Two port-a-potties (pictured above) "strategically placed" "throughout" the stadium. Nationals officials unavailable for comment.
- More about Zimm's contract situation, from the Post and Times. We appreciate the approach Bowden is taking with Ted Lerner's checkbook here, especially if Brodie is trying to shake 'em down for David Wright money. Zimm will get paid, eventually.
- Paul Lo Duca's horse, Golden Spikes (a 12-1 shot), runs in the Fountain of Youth stakes today, with a chance at the Kentucky Derby on the line. There's a steroid/HGH joke about golden spikes here somewhere, but we'll leave it alone for now.
- More about the guy who should've been #1 this season. We don't appreciate the approach with Ted Lerner's checkbook in this case.
- We love WMP.
- Sounds like Hill was good in his BP session yesterday? Most importantly, pain free?
- Be like Ray: Chief has dropped some lbs, is eating better. Oh, and I guess our concern about the flat brim was much ado about nothing.
- Nats320 continues to provide lots of nice looks into camp. We'veGotHeart is (are?) also on the ground in Viera, offering this photo album from their first day at camp. All these bloggers with access! Meanwhile, Stan Kasten still won't return our phone calls.
- Checking in with Gary Majewski.