Last time, we said: "The Nationals Enquirer to resume operations next week."
Of course you knew that by "next week" we meant maybe by the time pitchers and catchers report. We're just not quite ready to return yet. Almost, but not quite. Of course you understand. We've been enjoying some time off since the start of the new year, spending our time as follows, in no particular order:
- Driving around Southeast looking for parking at the new stadium.
- Denying steroid allegations up on The Hill in front of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- Looking under rocks for Paul Lo Duca and his bum knee.
- Interviewing (just three times, and I didn't even get to sleep over at Danny's house) for the Redskins job.
- Avoiding arbitration.
- Trying to brainstorm witty blog headlines based on the name Katsuhiko Maekawa.
- Going to keg parties with Jack McGeary. $1.8 million: that's a lotta beer money for a college kid!
- Praying for the return of Livo.
- Counting down the days until the first "Alex Escobar hasn't felt this good since highschool and is ready to prove himself" story on Nationals.com, while simultaneously counting down the days until the first "Alex Escobar out indefinitely with a ruptured [insert body part here]" story on Nationals.com.
- Counting down the days until pitchers and catchers report! 10 to go, right!?
- Other stuff
See you soon...