"I am not disappointed. This is what we have. We're going to battle every single day. We're going to win some and we're going to lose some."
(Manny Acta, via Washington Post, 6/19/2008)
Twins 11, NAAAts 2: That was ugly! Errors (3). Miscues. Exploding bullpen! 12 LOB: in fact, as of 6:30 this morning, several Nats' baserunners were still stranded at the Metrodome. But Manny's not disappointed.
Umps blow Lo Duca triple play call in 8th (the box score says GIDP, but if you saw it you know better).
Silver Lining(s): Jason Bergmann didn't blow up. Oh, and 3 more hits for All-Star shoe-in Guzie. Oh, and 3 more hits for Elijah Dukes.
- Congratulations to Cristian Guzman for being named starting second baseman on Baseball's All-Time Worst Contract Team by Bugs and Cranks.
- Manny Acta's BFF Tony Bernazard is getting killed in the NY papers over his involvement in the Randolph firing; NY Daily News calls him a 'bad, bad guy'.
- Mock, up. So who's going down? WiMP would definitely clear waivers, right?
- Speaking of Wily Mo, at what point is it ok to stop classifying his struggles as a "rough start"? Love the headline from Nationals dot com: Pena off to rough start for Nationals.
- Sunday's Kid's Jersey giveaway promotion has been cancelled: instead, our sources are telling us the first 10,000 children 12 and under entering the ballpark will be given free beer.
(AP Photo/Jim Mone)