"The only thing I'm going to take from today is to just forget about it. Really, I think that's the best way to approach it. Best remembered for forgetting it."
(Jason Bergmann, via Washington Times, 8/14/2008)
Losing streak hits 6. It's official: the New-look Nats are the same-old Nats.
- Langerhans, day-to-day with back spasms. [Insert your punchline here].
- The pathological Nats-haters over at Home Run Derby awarded their prestigious Jersey of The Week award to a Nationals fan: BEER!
- Thumbs down for slumping Guzman.
- Jimbo toots his own horn over Milledge deal, reminds ownership what a good job he's doing.
- More on Crow with the Cats. It's all just a negotiation ploy, right? Even given Hendricks' comments?
- FireJimBowden.biz continues his stellar work with part two of his interview with Baseball America's John Manuel. Good stuff.
- Finally, the NY papers are enjoying a good laugh at the Nats' expense. Exhibit A, the lead-in from this morning's gamer in the NY Post:
There's no bigger gimme these days than a date with the wretched Nationals...The Mets gladly took their turn at the buffet table here last night, gorging themselves on the pitching of baseball's worst team in a 12-0 laugher that felt even more lopsided than the final score.
(Photo of Jason Bergmann on TV by The Nationals Enquirer)