"We had momentum for a little bit."
(Pete Orr, via Washington Times, 8/15/2008)
Damn you, Brian Schneider.
- Anything to those Belliard-to-the-Dodgers whispers? That's what blog reports are saying, anyway...
- *Sigh*. You just knew this was coming, didn't you? Hey, but Boone's back!
- It sure doesn't sound good for Crow. So, who's gonna blink? Would love to just push the fast-forward button to midnight and find out. The latest from Crow's Camp:
"We made our position clear. If they weren't willing to do that, they shouldn't have drafted him...I'm disappointed they took him. They continue to tell us they'll draft 9B next year." (Randy Hendricks, via Washington Post, 8/15/2008)
- Why not just come out now and admit Dmitri Young is done for the year?
- The Gabe Oppenheim story from yesterday's Post, which openly mocks Nats fans who showed up for the Lannan Q &A, was a real waste of time, and the Natosphere let him hear all about it. We didn't really get too bent out of shape about it over here (although we did drop by the Post's comments section to tell Gabe to go F himself, just for the fun of it).
(Photo by Greg Fiume/Getty Images)